POWERUPS_1

TIER 9 - Power-Ups

Hey Commanders!

It’s me EddBall, War Machines’ Game Designer!

I hope everyone is enjoying the Tier 9 Reveals! A lot of work goes into this kind of preparation. The whole team is laser-focused on getting everything ready on time, while Bearage, Roulbox and I have been hard at work to make sure we are improving our communication and the level of detail of all our reveals. In celebration of this new chapter of War Machines, we’ve been revealing content for six days straight now, and I’ve personally read a lot of your reactions and questions on social media and discord, throughout the week! Thanks to everyone who’s participating in the festivities and promoting our communities!

About that, we intend to share another developer blog soon, aiming to answer the most common questions that are showing up in our comms channels, about the new tanks and Tier 9 in general! So if you still have any doubts, comments or suggestions please use your favourite channel to reach out to us and I’ll do my best to clarify all soon!

Complementing that, to all those that have been sceptical about Tier 9 for whatever reason, I can only say that I understand and respect your opinions! Yet, I maintain that Tier 9 is arriving to bring new dynamics and balancing to War Machines, so I invite you to share this vision with us and explore what’s to come! Now, let’s stop with these “negative waves so early in the morning”, and let’s get talking about the new power-ups!

Starting with our returning power-ups, we have:

Untitled-1-Sep-17-2021-09-18-01-77-AM

Anti Tank 3 - Deploys a turret with a 25-meter range, for 60 seconds (39% base damage per second)
Cloak 2 - Conceals your tank for 10 seconds, plus another 10 seconds for each kill you perform while the cloak effect is active (stacks up to 60 seconds).
Drone 3 - Deploy a companion drone for 45s. It attacks your nearest enemy with 223% of your tank’s base damage per second.
Sabot 3 - A modified ammunition mechanism that increases the damage by 60% for 15 seconds.

More experienced Commanders will notice that some of these power-up descriptions are being updated, and we plan on updating our other power-ups soon, in order to better explain their functionality. At this point, no existing power-ups are changing in-game by the way, but we do have two new ones! Their exact numbers aren’t ready to be broadcasted yet, but as you can see, they will be displayed as soon as Tier 9 is out!

New T9 Power-Ups

Mine

The mine places a proximity-based anti-tank mine, capable of dealing base damage to a meter radius area. I really like the mine, it’s great to cover creative sniping positions, to be dropped around those map corners campers love so much, or just be mean and set it in front of a health pack or a diamond, you decide!

Gif Mine-1

Napalm 

Napalm airstrike deals a percentage of base damage on impact and burns the area base damage over time).
Napalm is clearly awesome in Conquest maps, we made sure of that! 😎

Gif Napalm

Okay, time to get back to work!
Have great battles, Commanders! Tier 9 is right around the corner, and we’ll be back soon for more Intel on War Machines!

We hope that you found this information useful and we would love to know what you think about the Power-Ups! Join the discussion.